Friday, October 24, 2008

Excuses, excuses.

I had so planned to write an extensive, witty, fun to read post about my weekend in NJ/NY, because it really was amazing, but then, errg, stuff happened. Plus, I am lazy. Double plus, I posted pictures, and that seemed so easy and summary.

Stuff that happened that prevented writing: I came down with a pretty bad cold pretty much the day before I left to drive up. Note to the curious: staying up until 3am drinking and yelling are not that therapeutic, and may in fact worsen any cold you have. Further note: if you drink enough, you will stop caring about your sore throat. Oh, it'll still be there, but you won't care.

Also, I started a longish-term temp assignment on Monday. I could not very well call in sick to my first day, as I feel that would have looked bad, so I could not stay home and do the hard-core sleeping that I felt was necessary to kill the coughing, hacking, dry throat and ear pain. 

I've spent the last week working  and sleeping, with breaks for snacks and dinner. You would think that going to sleep at 7pm woud make it easy to wake up at 6am the next day, but in fact this has not been the case at all. Maybe it's the Nyquil. Finally, today, I'm feeling like a normal human again. A normal human who has more snot than usual, but a normal human all the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Feel better! Let not the demise of my bachelorhood be responsible for your ill health!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home