Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mo' sprinting!

Last night at practice I did ok. Not awesomely fantastic, but better than usual, I think. Of course, we didn't do suicides and we didn't do weave drills.

We did do a sprinting drill that just about killed me. We sprinted for 2 minutes, and then did a skills test skill for one minute. For the first round, the sprinting was followed by squatting and not picking our feet up, and then sprinting followed by gliding in a squat, and then sprinting followed by hopping with both skates off the floor, and then sprinting in the opposite direction. So basically, heavy cardio followed by heavy anaerobic stuff. It was tough. I had to take a water break before it was over.

We also did a pack drill that was really fun, and we did a push-cart drill, where we all squatted in 2 lines and one person pushed the whole line. So the next thing in my on my own training will be static squats - basically squatting for as long as I can at one time. Man, squat is just not a pretty word. And squatting is not the most attractive thing to do, but I will say my legs'n'arse are startin' to look HAWT.

It was all fun, altho' I have to say the most funnest was practicing whips with Slam'n'Legs. I'd whip her and she'd glide in a superman pose, and then I tried it and it's true, when someone grabs your arm and flings you, the natural thing to want to do is to pretend to be superman. Also whips are fun because they're not intensely aerobic or anaerobic, so in other words it's the only part of practice where I don't feel like vomiting and/or passing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home