Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Reeejekshawn

Last night I got my Thanks But No Thanks email on the rewritey job. It made me feel disproportionately sad, so I watched Simpsons reruns on Hulu to dull the pain. It worked! Let us all gather around tv's warming glowing warming glow.

Then this morning I submitted my o-ficial application to be full-time here where I'm temping at now currently at this time. (If good writing doesn't want me, I don't want good writing. LOLPONIESLOL!!1!!) I've been informed that because the position will be advertised, the competition will be fierce. Fierce! That's cool. Hopefully I won't be too sad if I don't get this job. I think I've been doing it and doing it and doing it well, but it is not for me to decide.

I joined a writer's critique group. The next step would be actually writing something. I'm a fan of Stephen King's book about writing, and he advocates reading a lot and writing a lot. So far I've got the reading a lot part down. Lately I've been reading Sophie Kinsella books. She writes british chick-lit on the lines of Bridget Jones' Diary. The books are like candy - sweet, very fast reads. Pretty soon now I'll have read them all and I'll actually have to write something. D'oh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Interwebz television rulez; screw those guys; YAY WRITING!

1:56 PM  
Blogger atomic cate said...

have you considered re-writing the rejection letter and sending it back?

10:44 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

That would be Poor Form. We at Classy Peoples try to keep a stiff upper lip and play the game, etc.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home