Friday, August 03, 2007

Letting the days go by, letting the water hold me down

Und zo? (Sprechen zie awesome?)

Well, the date didn't go horribly wrong, it just kind of didn't happen. I was on my way to the rink, and the dude called and was all saying he might be delayed, and then was all trying to change it from a skatin' date to a drinkin' date, and I really wasn't having that. So I was like, I'LL be at the rink, if you could show up, that'd be cool.

First Thursday adult skate night at Branch Brook Park is NUTS. Tons and tons of fly skaters show up, and they're all amazing. I'm not amazing, so after a while I felt awkward out on the floor, because chains of skaters spin and fly by you, and it was so crowded I got bumped a few times. Nothing serious, and of course if there's one thing I'm used to by now, it's being hit while on skates.

But anyway, I skated for a while and then it was just ridiculously crowded. I called the guy, and he hadn't left yet, despite it being a good 45 minutes after our original meetup time, so I was like, eh, abort mission. If you can't meet at a place and a time, well... that's a problem. Meetings have to involve coordinations of time and space. Until we all ascend or become completely virtual that's just how it has to go.

Of course I can't go to adult skate without becoming infected... I'm now itching to become a jam skater. Must learn to spin and glide... And every time I've gone to adult skate, even tho' I'm obviously not that good, when I leave someone always says, "Are you leaving? Don't leave!" Next time, next time, jam skaters, I promise I'll stay until 2am... just not this time...

6 Comments:

Blogger Renpup said...

Next time I won't comment on a previous entry until I've read ALL the entries in your blog. My comment is rendered moot. How embarrassing.

8:05 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Yeah, way to blog my blog for me, PINCHLOAF. Sheesh!

8:09 AM  
Blogger 3pennyjane said...

Boo to Myspace boy. At least you know his secret shame now: He cannot follow through. Saves time to find that out right off the bat.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

MySpace Darwinism. Thinning the blind dating pool one slacker at a time. Sorry he bagged; his loss.

And does the rink really stay open until 2AM?

11:55 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Aw, thanks, peeps! I really don't feel bad about it, nothing ventured, nothing gained, blah-dee-blah.

YES, on adult nights, the rink stays open until 2am. I'm telling you, it's a whole other subculture.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i knew how to skate....subcultures rule....

oh yeah and that guy needs "The Book of Appointment Making for Young Dating Males."

DUMBLEDOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home