Friday, March 07, 2008

The Hershey's Hierarchy, Continued.

I told someone about my controversial Hershey's mini-candy bar sorting policy, and when I told him the order of candies, he said that he would rank them in exactly the opposite order. I told him we could no longer be friends since we had such irreconcilable differences. He then said that I could look at it another way; that I should consider the fact that if he and I had to share a bag of mini-bars, we would each get what we wanted. I said that I would not in fact be happy that he would take the Special Darks and Milk Chocolates, leaving me the Mr. Good Bars and Krackels, but rather that I would feel slight contempt instead at his obvious poor taste.

This is a harsh and entirely true statement, and seems to sum up my immaturity as it applies to adult relationships. 

Candy: don't overthink it.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

actually, this is the exact situation with me and my friend the lawyer. I love mr. goodbars (she hates them and calls them mr. badbars) and she loves krackels (which I call crappels). We evenly split special darks and hershey's chocolates. So we are perfectly compatible in our incompatibility!

3:21 AM  
Blogger atomic cate said...

that's funny, that's the same way *i* treat adult relationships!
our obviously compatible contempt has now negated the effect of your not ranking the candies properly. also, you did pretty good with the GS cookies. props on that.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home