Friday, March 07, 2008

Hierarchy of Girl Scout Cookies

1. Samoas. ABC Smart Foods is now calling these 'Caramel DeLites' for some strange reason. The hell? They're not Lite. They're rich and fatty and sweet.


2. Thin Mints. Ah, such gritty deliciousness. Chocolate melting on your hands, highly crammable, easily eaten in front of soothing TV.


3. Tagalongs. These are fakeout cookies because they look kinda like thin mints... but they're not!  They're aight. I don't have much of a peanut butter obsession so I don't care about them much, but I put them as #3 because we always bought a box when I was a kid, for some reason. There's more peanut butter in a Tagalong than in any other peanut butter candy. You could probably scrape the peanut butter off a few Tagalongs and make yourself a decent pb'n'j sammich.


4. Allabouts. These are fairly new. The shortbread/chocolate coating makes them ideal for coffee-dippin'. The extensive printing on the cookie makes them ideal for propaganda. One can imagine other groups adopting the Allabout theme: "Pagans are Allabout moon-worship!" 


5. Trefoils. The boring standard. Bleh.


6. Dosidos. I like a sammich cookie as much as the next person, I guess.


7. Lemon Chalet Cremes. Highly suspect! Why do they not have a girl scout themed name? Do people really like lemon that much? Avoid! Avoid! 

6 Comments:

Blogger atomic cate said...

someone at work brought in a box of girl scout cookies today. i saw the (mostly empty) box in the lunch room. and what do the denizens of this jewish week office share?

LEMON CHALETS!

10:49 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

My suspicion is confirmed: the chalets are a Tier 3 cookie, suitable to give away at the office.

On a related note, all Girl Scout cookies are kosher.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

I gotta tell you, you're dead wrong on this one. The Lemon Chalet Cremes are the best things since....well, the Thin Mint! Open your mind--and your cookie-hole--and cram some in there. You'll see. (Unless you don't like lemon in general?)

--Gina

1:48 PM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

You make a good point, Ms. Bugaloo, and force me to admit that I have not, in fact, ever tried a Lemon Chalet Creme. (I fear the unknown.) And I have no particular beef with lemon, generally. Mayhaps I will try one. Or possibly two or three.

2:45 PM  
Blogger 3pennyjane said...

They're called Caramel DeLites up there? We still get 'em as Samoas. As in, there ain't no moa samoas at my place, because I et them all myself. Bizarre craving for Dosidos means they're gone too. And now I have to ration the Thin Mints, which is bad because what I really want to do is gobble them all up, Cookie Monster-like, nom nom nom nom.

8:06 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

They're not called Carmel Delites up here; the actual company what bakes 'em calls them that. Weird, no?

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home