Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Pinchloaf Nuptuals, or How I Spent My Autumn Vacation

This past weekend, October 7th to be exact, my dear friend the future Mrs. Pinchloaf wed Mr. Pinchloaf, making them officially Mr. and Mrs. Pinchloaf. I went back down to vaaaaah-jinia for the celebrations, and here are the things I want to remember 4evR about it. They are not in any particular order, like say, chronological or alphabetical.

Mrs. Pinchloaf's brilliant Sixteen Candles impression after we took her out and got her good'n'wasted. I think Mind By Matel has a picture of this.

The bachelorette outting: awesome call by White Trash Chef on the margarita place, and the tapas place my sister recommended was good too.

Gettin' my nails and hairs did with Mind by Matel, Mrs. Pinchloaf, and She Spills The Beans. It was girly-tastic!

The super-awesome pita I got at the Perfect Pita after we got our hairs did. Mrs. Pinchloaf was right, that place rules!

Seeing all the groomsmaids, I mean groomsmen, all dressed up in their tuxes. And seeing the ushers in their tuxes. Aw, boys looks look so cute all dressed up.

The tent all lit up and prettified. Walking past all the people who didn't get to be a bridesmaid, ha ha suckers! I mean, seeing all our friends.

The vows. Aw, man, you guys! I was crying before they even started, and so were they, and so was everyone. Just beautiful.

The toasts. Mr. Pinchloaf's brother, Hottest Brain Injured Guy I Know, gave a really funny one about how the Pinchloafs love collecting junk. I think their junk is pretty cool but what do I know. And Mind By Matel gave a good one about how now she has to find a groom as cool as Mr. P.

Hottest Brain Injured Guy licking his fingers lasciviously at me. I had to walk away. Sorry, H.B.I.G, but a) I had a cold and b) your mom was right there!!! Right there! Otherwise, I probably would have been lascivious back, cuz you're hot. Or maybe I wouldn't have, cuz you're also kind of like a friend-in-law now. Or something. You're still hot tho'.

Sliding down the slide with Coolest Kid I Know and his mom. Yay, the slide! So glad Coolest Kid's Mom made me try it.

COOKIES. Oh wow. So good.

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

lord, I am STILL cringing at that awful speech (mine). I wasn't even drunk, that's what's so sad about the whole thing. --Mind by Mattel

12:15 PM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Really? I liked it.

1:05 PM  
Blogger amy said...

aw, thanks! In my head it was a lot more coherent and not so much "I'll never find a guy!," which is how I've been thinking it came across.

P.S. Oh my GOD those cookies were amazing. Forgot to post that before!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Renpup said...

Awww, thanks for the awesome recap of "the big day." I still need to write down my impressions, but I definitely enjoyed MBM's your highlights. It helps me remember better, too!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home