Thursday, January 11, 2007

1 Minute, 1 second.

So, we've been doing skills testing at practice, and last night we finally got to the thing that was stressing me out the most: the speed test. We had to do 5 laps in 1 minute. Everyone else from my team did it, and I went, and I was really nervous and wobbly, and my time was 1 minute, 1 second. Yeah. I was one second over. To say I felt chagrin would have been putting it accurately. And, kind of boringly. I mean, I didn't cry or throw stuff. I was just like, man. That sucks.

Also while I was taking the written test, Oriental Express broke her ankle. The fall wasn't dramatic; I missed it and I don't think she yelled or anything. Just when I looked up she was in the center on her back with ice over her ankle and the police (never far away in Branch Brook Park) were strolling in. "You ladies get a little rough?" one of them said, which was kind of funny, since we had not, in fact, been getting rough at all. Or, maybe we were, I can't say cuz I missed it.

The paramedics came and strapped her into a chair and took her away. She was very calm. I hope she didn't for reals break her ankle; I hope it was just a sprain and she can come back soon, cuz she's awesome.

There's one more trial left: 10 laps in 5 minutes. I'm trying not to stress about that one either...

1 Comments:

Blogger Renpup said...

Hey, if you can do 5 laps in one minute, one second 10 laps in 5 minutes is cake! I mean, I think it's cake, but logically speaking, it does seem like it's very much within your grasp...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home