Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Beauty Party

So, last night I went to the beauty event thingy. Lots of other ladies did too; apparently there are many beauty fans. The deal was you went in and registered, and they gave everyone cards with all the vendors listed, and you had to get six vendor signatures in order to get your swag bag.

Some people were really freaked out by the whole concept - one woman seemed quite distraught, saying, "How does this work? WHO signs these? Where are these people who sign these cards?" I'm baffled at how disturbed people can get when you hand them instructions.

I hit the food table first, o' course, and had some deleeshus lobster-stuffed mushrooms. I fought my way upstairs and got signatures from a plastic surgeon (December is Plastic Fantastic month! Um... ok?) a teeth whitening dentist, a neutraceuticals vendor, an Ecru seller, and a couple of other vendors that I didn't actually know what they were but they signed my card. After that it was too crowded, so I grabbed my gift bag and left.



Contents of gift bag:
New Beauty Magazine
Ecru Magazine
New York Streets shampoo, conditioner, and styling stuff samples
Some other skin care sample
Flyers for plastic surgery, NYSC, and various other vendors that I pretty much threw out immediately

So, one party down, three to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger cw said...

Hi, Kira--just FYI, on Nip/Tuck, the doctors participated in a reality show called "Plastic Fantastic". I think that's where the plastic surgeon got his idea from.

Hope you're doing well.

Catt.

10:40 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Really? Wow! I guess people who get plastic surgery are probably fans of Nip/Tuck, eh? Or at least the surgeons are. Craziness!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home