Friday, January 23, 2009

Observations on the Groodthings Family Outting to Greater Tuna at LTA

As promised, the folks and I went to the Little Theater of Alexandria to see our dear hobbit friend Shawnie B starring in a production of Greater Tuna. Some notes:

  • There are many, many elderly residents of Old Town Alexandria, and they're all seeing this show.
  • Shawnie B. looks too amazing in pink cat's eye glasses and a blonde diner-girl wig.
  • Just because the Groodthings family agrees on a calendar date to go see a show, don't assume that someone else will purchase the tickets when it is clearly your job to do so.
  • It is always, always funny to see a middle-aged man dressed in a flowered dress totter around the stage saying, "Where is my strychnine! I know I have some!"
I feel like I should have more, but honestly, we got home at 11pm, and that's officially Past My Bedtime, so today I'm all groggy and sleepy. Aging is a sad business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home