Thursday, February 15, 2007

Throwing Up Is Still A Notable Event For Me

I 'member when I was a kid, if I ever threw up, it was a big deal. It was an event. It was such a weird thing to have happen, and I dreaded it so much, and then when it happened it was like a life-changing experience for a few days. I would hobble around like, "I am Kira. I have thrown up. Bow before me, who have had this amazing experience and lived to tell the tale."

I actually don't dread throwing up so much anymore, because I know now that it means I'll feel better after. (Like exercise!)

Still tho', I'm not blase about it. It's an event. This past week alone I've thrown up twice and I really felt like people should know about it. Once it was because I drank some nastacular Starbucks Coffee Liqueur that someone had given me, and then pounded some Absolut just to get the nasty coffee grossness taste out, and then realized Absolute really doesn't taste that good on it's own either, and that I drank way too much so fast, so I definitely had to lose it. It was quick and non-traumatic and very necessary. It was slightly embarrasing as I was not at my own house, but all parties handled it ok I thought.

Then on Monday night I ate too much before practice, and practice was super-intense. I made it through the whole thing but then felt very, very, very bad when I got home, and dinner was sitting there in my stomach all "yeah, you're not going to be digesting ME anytime soon" so I accepted the inevitable and ralphed. This one was slightly traumatic because it came with a headache. I hate ralph w/ headache.

But then the next day my stomach was sore and I felt the urge to tell everyone, but I realize most people dont' really want to know. So I BLOGGED about it. YEAH.

7 Comments:

Blogger Renpup said...

Hey, that's what blogging's all about. I am disappointed to hear about the Starbucks liqueur being nasty. Might it be better as a mixer?

6:35 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Well, it was pretty good mixed with the pizza I had earlier, coming up... MU HA HA HA HA!

Seriously, it's gross, don't ever buy it.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to point out that pretty much anything liquid at Starbucks is gross, and i'm amazed that people (including me) still get drinks there.
someday, there will be another fancy-pants coffee shop. with good coffee. you know, like Seattle's Best before Starschmucks bought them.
woe, woe to the coffee drinker... all i have now is Caribou, and then the Pixies song gets stuck in my head everytime...

10:40 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

The solids are pretty gross there too.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno, they got some decent muffin-like objects. the croissants are lacking, however.

10:50 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

I disagree, sir or madame. I find the muffins to also be gross.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Renpup said...

How awesome would it be if there was such thing as a pizza mixer to put in cocktails? Pizzatini, anyone? The possibilities are endlessly disgusting...

And actually, I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I lurrrve Starbucks and lurrrve going there and giving them back all the money I earned from them for my three years of employment.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home