Monday, August 27, 2007

To Obtain a Position In The Field of Business

I've been reading some resumes lately, and of course hitting my head against the wall in frustration over writing my own. A remarkable number of applicants wish to obtain positions where they can utilize their skills to grow careers in the field of business. Hmmm, really? The field of business? Maybe you ought to widen your horizons, I hear the field of business is pretty full already of people utilizing their skills to grow their careers. Maybe you want to consider the field of enterprise instead, or possibly the field of commerce.

This weekend I drove down to my ol' No-Virginny home to hang out with my parentals and Lil Italian Redhead et Valpaker et Cuddle Party Alphatron et whoever else wanted to. The drive down was lame cuz it was hot and humid and my back was killing me. But, I made it and spent a lovely few hours avec ma pere et mere, and then Lil Italian Redhead came and got me and we all went to the Austin Grill and ate too much, and then we retired to Cosi and ate too much.

We were saved from eating TOO much too much by the crappiness of Cosi's desserts. Seriously. Lil' Italian ordered the 'creme brulee' cheesecake, and it come dusted with flour. He returned it and got one that wasn't dusterd with flour, and it was still bad. I got apple pie with ice cream, and the ice cream was crunchy and the pie was just kind of meh. The S'moreos were quite delicious however.

I drove back early Sunday morning and miracle of miracles, hit no significant traffic. Unbelievable! Not in effin' Delaware, not anywhere on the Turnpike, not even on 495 around DC. I'd told various people I'd call them while I was stuck in traffic, and I was afraid to call anyone because I was afraid to jinx it.

This evening: appointment with sports medicine dewd! Please sah, can you fix my back?

2 Comments:

Blogger atomic cate said...

The brownie portion of my brownie sundae were delicious. However, it came sans un cerise rouge sur le dessus, which was promised in the brochure.
i would've eaten a thousand brownie sundaes without cherries, however, for the pleasure of seeing you.

11:57 AM  
Blogger 3pennyjane said...

Did sah fix your back?

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home