Monday, June 16, 2008

Torture, they name is Teenwolf!

So, back at practice after a fairly lengthy absence... I didn't do the skills test because I passed it the first time and didn't reckon I'd make the travel team this time around. This is because we've merged with the North Jersey Dirty Dames, which is awesome, because they're awesome, and now our league is much bigger and the competition is mo' fiercer. Grrr! Fierce! 

So anyways, I was all set for a nice easy practice of the non-travel-team variety. Sadly, it was not to be, as one of the NJDD new kids is Teenwolf, a talented skater from Shock Exchange, and he's running the fresh meat and non-travel-team practices. 15 minutes of slalom skating and 15 minutes of sprinting did me in. Wuss, thy name is Skarzipan. Note to self: no food after 3pm on a practice night... I mean, it was all good stuff, but damn. Here I am thinking I'm fit and then a derby practice happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger atomic cate said...

hey, that's 30 minutes more than nothing!

10:31 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Yeah... I didn't eat anything after lunch yesterday and made it an hour and a half (still half an hour un-skated). I felt like puking, but there was nothing in my stomach, so it was mo' bettah.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home