Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Excuses excuses

So, tonight my 2nd short story is being critiqued at writey group. I posted the draft last week, and have been studiously avoiding writing anything ever since.

I want to work more on this story. I like it more than I liked the first short story attempt. Maybe I like it too much. Who knows, but my thinking was I'd see what everyone thought at writey group and then go back and work on another draft.

According to most professional/awesome writey writers, this is the wrong thing to do. What you're asposed to do is put one thing aside and immediately start working on something else. So in other words, you should still write every day. Because I haven't followed this advice, I think it'll probably be hard at first to work on another draft. Such is life. I'll still do it and everything, I just think it'll probably suck for a while.

In other news, I went to the back docker and he told me to go ahead and do any kind of exermacise whenever, since I can't make the herniation worse, and it'll go away in a couple of years. My first reaction: AWESOME! My second reaction, ah, crap, now I really do have to exercise. Starting an exercise routine again after doing nothing for months is going to suck much more than taking a week off of daily writing. Look for me to be sore and grumpy for a while...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

You can do it!

Both of it!

Yeehaw!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home