Monday, March 09, 2009

Writey Update

I ain't been writing. I have my current short story posted for critique this week, and have been getting feedback back (and bringing sexy back) from various friends, and I want to work on this story more but I'm going to wait until I hear what the writey group says first. Right now, I've got a few readers who understood what was going on in the story and a few who didn't, so some clarification work may be in order, and then more work on dialogue, prolly.

I have been reading some. I read Jeanette Winterson's Tanglewreck thanks to Mrs. Pinchloaf, who loaned it to me. It's YA scifi, and I enjoyed it.

I'm currently reading The Norton Book of Science Fiction: North American Science Fiction, 1960-1999. It's edited by Ursula K. Le Guin, and starts with a really excellent discussion by her of what science fiction is and isn't. I've read two stories so far and liked them both. So that should keep me busy for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home