Wednesday, January 17, 2007

IloveskatingIloveskatingIloveskating

I took a pre-practice nap last night, since I get home around 5:30ish and practice ain't until 9pm. I've been spending that time staring at TV, but I decided to give nappin' a shot.
I was groggy when I woke up, and it took me a while to shake it off, but when I did, practice. Was. Awesome.
We had a guest coach named Steve. Steve would ordinarily be teaching people how to ski, but, ha ha, no snow for you! So Murder City Mandy and Jenna Jamitin got him to guest-coach us in the fine art of speed-skating. We really only learned two things: skate with your body and lean forward into the turns, but it was incredible what a difference it made. He'd work with two skaters in the center while the rest of us did a weave drill, and after I had my five minutes with Steve, I was actually excited to keep doing the weave drill, because I was skating so much faster and it was taking much less effort. And you know how I feel about weaving, normally...
So yaaaay skating! Then I got home and didn't fall asleep until 1am. More naps today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Power of Napping... Literally Sleeping Your Way to the Top. Or, if not the top, at least, a better skate session.
Congratulations on your super duper nap! With little research and timing, I bet your naps can become even more amazing!

11:06 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Thanks, Nappy Girl!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home