Saturday, September 20, 2008

Epic Outting Fail and More Temping

So Atomicate invited me to see her other band, Bette Noir, in Fairfax. Although she clearly stated that they would be playing Fat Tuesdays, I for some reason thought they were playing at TT Reynold's. Which is apparently closed so of course they wouldn't be playing there. I know this because I drove to TT Reynold's and was all confused to see it dark... then got home and re-read the email and saw it was Fat Tuesday's. I am so s-m-r-t smart. So, sorry Atomicate! I'm a dumb.

I did get some awesome hangout time anyway. Earlier in the day Ms. Atomic brought over her Wii fit, and we did Wii fitness things. The only one I really rocked was the wii hula hooping. Also my wii age is 39. Whoa! I'm Wii old!

In other news I finished off a week of work at Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyer and Lawyer. This was the temp job of all temp jobs. I got to arrange files in reverse chronological order, enter items on a spreadsheet, and shred old documents. Also I got invited to lunch at the Olive Garden with the ladies, aw. I did not go downstairs for Cake Day or Pizza Day, although I was invited to those too. Working in an office is very high calorie.

One of the nice things about temping is that expectations are usually set pretty low. The first project at this place was supposed to take three days, but I finished it in one. Because, well, it just wasn't that hard. My bosses were surprised, and found more things for me to do. Ah, the sweet satisfaction of having a task assigned and completing it. Yay for temping.

1 Comments:

Blogger atomic cate said...

aw, it's ok you didn't make it. i'm just sorry you ended up in the wrong part of Fairfax! We'll have more shows, just for you!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home