Monday, July 28, 2008

More progress

Doctorly gem of the day: "Well, you weren't bs-ing me, that's for sure. According to your MRI, you have a herniated disc!" 

I suppressed my annoyance at said statement, because dude writes the scrips, so... yes.

Also, I jumped 'pon the scale this morning (the better to start a weight loss effort, as overweight is a cause of lower back issues) and found I've lost 7 pounds since this whole ordeal started. Apparently being too crippled to make it to the kitchen and subsisting for two weeks on gatorade equals mad weight loss. To celebrate said fact, I ate half a pumpkin pie. Mmmm, un-seasonal.

2 Comments:

Blogger atomic cate said...

sign me up for the percoset and gatorade diet! i'll skip the debilitating pain option, however.

10:24 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

You can replace the debilitating pain with steady doses of muscle relaxants and synthetic opioids, and that works pretty good too.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home