Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh Shizz! Retail Excitement!

Not long ago, I was with my mom at the mall, lamenting the fact that I've outgrown most mall clothing stores but am not quite ready for the dreaded Women's section of most department stores. (And note to Talbot's and Ann Taylor: some of us are still not rich at 30, mmmkay?) Where is the store for the chunky but not plus-sized 30's woooman who doesn't have a ton of cash? 

Well yesterday I had to go to the DMV to get my license'n'plates'n'reg updated and to register to vote so I can annoy everyone else as much as they've been annoying me talking about blugh never mind I can't do it, and afterwards I was to meet Lil' Italian Redhead for lunch, but I had some time in between the two, so I wandered into... Filene's Basement! 

Omg! It's my store! I found. The cutest. Dress ever. For thirty bucks. Hells to the yeah. This dress is a partay dress, suitable to be worn to the nuptials of Circus Jeff and the Lovely Librarian, which is where I'ma wear it. But then I also found the cutest sweater dress, suitable to be worn to the office, but I talked myself out of it. But it was hella cute, and now I want to go back and get it. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Congrats, WHFTTS! Can't wait to see it!

6:04 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Thanks! Um, WHFTTS? What that means?

6:54 AM  
Blogger atomic cate said...

oooh yeah bargain basement shopping!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home