Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I t hink I might have a pate hangover

Yesterday my folks took me out to Le Refuge in Alexandria for a pre-birthday dinner. The reason we didn't go today was two-fold; Wednesdays are lent days, and we didn't want my dad to have to order frog's legs again, and my seestor has to travel this week, and needs today to pack. Here's what we had:

1 bottle of white wine (I forgot to check the name before I started drinking, and then was too drunk after awhile to care. Woohoo!)
1 bottle of red wine (Hughe et someone? It was good)
Appetizers:
Me: pate de compagne
Seester: Cheese plate
Dad: Endive salade
Mom: hearts of palm salade

Main courses:
Me: salmon en croute in champagne cream sauce. (Hell. YEAH.)
Seestor: beef wellington
Dad: roast duck with raspberry sauce
Mom: roast lamb in mushroom sauce

Then we stumbled home for cake'n'presents. I'd requested a grocery store white cake with the sugary lardy kind of icing, and the folks obligingly gave me an edge piece with yellow roses, so the ratio of icing to cake was about 4:1. I got good stuff present-wise; in addition to the pink octopus, I got some nice books, a coupon for a massage (which I will need after snowboardin' this weekend) and an ipod arm thingy.

This morning I am hungover and burping pate. French food is rilly good, but ees a leetle reech for moi.

4 Comments:

Blogger 3pennyjane said...

I jealous that you get to board ze snows! That's a tres bien way to work off the pate.
I don't recall the vinyard, but the red was a Nuit St. George.

10:15 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Yes, Atomicate and Pants are takin' me as my birfday prezzink. I will need some Nuit St. George afterwards, I am sure... (fine wine is good for a bruised arse, right?)

10:21 AM  
Blogger atomic cate said...

Hugh ATE SOMEONE???? isn’t that a crime?

:( i’m just jealous.

7:47 AM  
Blogger walkinhomefromthethriftstore said...

Perhaps it's time to start droppin' restaurant hints to Pants...

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home