Monday, November 20, 2006

Awesometastic Pinchloaf Weekend!

So yes, Mrs. Pinchloaf visited me this weekend, and it RULED! I was ever so happy that she came up.
I totally got lost on the way to Newark Penn Station to pick her up, but ever since getting lost on my way to the roller rink I'm never in Newark without my handy map. I stared at it until I found it and then paid 8 bucks for 15 minutes o' parking.
Our first meal was at Church Street Cafe. Mrs. P. had the house burger, which had bleu cheese and bacon on it, and I had the pumpkin pierogies. They sat in a pool of clarified butter and were delish.
Then we retired to watch half of Super Size Me. And then we got up and raced the race, which Mrs. P. already described. I finished before Mrs. P. and stood there for like, 10 minutes waiting for her, not realizing she had already finished until she found me staring at the runners like a doofus. Yaaay!
Then we went to Raymond's for omelettes. Mrs. P. had a straight-up cheddar cheese one and I had a bacon, avocado and chives one. Raymond's has really awesome whole grain toast with jam, too. Then we went ice skatin'.
Then we had a Christopher Guest moviethon! Yay! Then the next day we ran AGAIN cuz we are hardcore like that, and had bagel sandwiches at Sunrise Cafe. Say what you will about Montclair, you'll never go brunch-less.
And then I had to say goodbye, puttin' Mrs. P. on a train back to NorVa and Mr. P. Twas an amazingly awesome weekend all 'round!

1 Comments:

Blogger Renpup said...

Yay foooood! I realized that I totally hadn't described in detail the awesome food we had. But you picked up the slack, yay! The food must be preserved for posterity--in blog form, mind you!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home